There are many reasons why granite and marble make the best materials for the most beautiful countertops. Marble and granite are the most emulated countertop materials for a reason as well. Just about every type of synthetic countertop material, from modern one pieces like Corian to laminates and even synthetic tiles replicate the look and even feel of marble, granite and soapstone tops.
So why settle for an imitator when you can have the real thing?
Some people will tell you that marble or granite is too expensive, but unless you have thousands of square feet of countertops the difference in cost between marble or granite and say, Corian, are marginal. So let’s take a look at the real benefits of choosing the often imitated but never duplicated best countertops materials available, granite and marble.
1. Value – No countertop material holds its value like marble, soapstone or granite. In fact, if you take care of your marble countertops or granite tops with simple maintenance, sanitation and care, your countertops will increase the value of your home and business over time.
2. Durability – Yes, durability. Many competitors knock granite in particular because granite can chip or crack. Anything can chip or crack. If you take decent care of your countertops, use cutting boards for example, then granite and marble tops can last an eternity. Grecian architecture is filled with granite structures that are thousands of years old. Now that’s durability.
3. Timelessness – Remember the popular lime green cabinets of the 70’s? How about the shag carpeting of the early 80’s? How would you like to be stuck with a lime green aluminum kitchen and shag carpeting now? What about Victorian era granite or marble tops? They’re still classic and still classy today. They are always in fashion and always in style.
4. Ease of maintenance – Indeed, believe it or not, granite, marble and soapstone are not only functional and timeless, they are very easy to take care of. In most cases they can be cleaned and maintained by hot water and soap or sanitizer. The fact is that granite and marble tops are a breeze to take care of.
5. Beauty – There simply is no argument that granite, marble and soapstone aren’t the sharpest looking countertop materials around. ALL synthetic countertops have designs and styles based on real granite, marble and soapstone. Why is that? Because everyone wants their countertops to look the very best.
Some of the other interesting blog posts;